Elephant Reach is a 30 minutes (12km) drive from the Yala National park and strategically located 265 km(6 hours drive) away from the capital city of Colombo, deep in the heart of southern Sri Lanka, where visitors can venture out to its environs, which hosts places of nature, wild life, religious and historical places of interest.
35 exclusive rooms available one can choose between our 21 Chalets, most of which are interconnecting or our 14 Superior Rooms which are designed to let you enjoy the best of nature in luxury.
Chalets feature a satellite TV offering international channels including BBC, CNN, Star Sports, spacious bathrooms supplied with sensuous amenities to enhance your relaxation and comfort.
The 14 Superior rooms interconnected also ensure that guests enjoy nature at its best. Most suitable for private groups these rooms also include spacious bathrooms, wide veranda and balcony overlooking the pool.
Chalets and Superior Rooms are Air Conditioned and include Electric power 220 - 240 v Channeled TV, Electric shaver socket, Mini bar with glass ware, Complementary tea and coffee making facility, Hot & Cold water and Baby cot on request for guests.
- Swimming Pool
- Business Center
- Tailor made tour packages
- Indoor and outdoor games such as water polo, chess, badminton, carom
- Hire a cycle to hitch a ride to the nearby Tissa Wewa.
All rooms are Wheel chair accessible and we also cater to special kid’s menu to suite their taste buds.
Other services include room service and porter service, doctor on call, movie rentals, outside laundry and valet service (for guests who stay more than 2 nights and daily housekeeping.
Overlooking the swimming pool the 'Tusks' a restaurant with a fine dining concept for the discerning gourmet. The restaurant introduces Sri Lankan Cuisine, serving up a new take on our own traditional favorites, featuring delicate dishes. Indulge yourself with lavish servings of wholesome delicacies whilst you enjoy tranquil ambience of dining on the outdoor terrace overlooking the pool.
Located above the Tusks is the Mahouts Lounge & Bar presents the ideal setting for you to unwind whilst enjoying nature and sip a cocktail at ease.
The Pool Bar comes to live on a star lit night with an ambience of romance and nature. Breaking the monotonous of fine dining experience you can also enjoy a relaxed gourmet at your room in privacy. We also organize special BBQ nights by the pool on prior requests to make your stay at Elephant Reach more memorable.
- Safaris to Yala, Uda Walawe, Bundala, Lunugamwehera National Parks.
- Visits to the local tanks of Weerawila and Tissa Weva, frequented by birds, monkeys, crocodiles, peacocks and of course elephants.
- Visits to the religious sites of Katharagama, Sithulpahuwwa, and Tissamaharama. Katharagama is one of the holiest cities in Sri Lanka, and is visited by devotees of Hindu, Buddhist and Muslim religons. The Tissamaharama shrine (Da Gaba) is enshrined with Buddha relics.
- Visits to the picturesque Kirinda Temple, Kirinda harbor and the fishing village.
- Boat safaris, Lake fishing, Deep sea fishing, Mountain Bicycle riding and Scuba Diving are available for the adventurous.
- Sri Lankan rupees and all other major currencies and credit cards are accepted (except Amex).
- Currency conversion facilities available.
Visitors can expect average temperature ranging from 31°C - 34°C throughout the year, making it an ideal getaway for unending wildlife, culture and sun.